Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Rhodes
Dr. Joseph Rhodes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL, with other offices in Jonesboro, AR and Sunrise, FL . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Rhodes is affiliated with Mobile Infirmary Medical Center, Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women and Nea Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Rhodes has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I was seen by Dr. Rhodes in the Mobile Infirmary's ER after being transported by ambulance for severe acute back pain with an inability to stand or walk. Dr. Rhodes did not listen to my complaints or review the MRI results I brought with me. He tried to release me with no treatment and an inability to walk or stand. It was only after I refused to sign release papers and demanded to talk with an administrator that I was assigned to another physician and received some help. The other staff kept apologizing and telling me they could only do what the doctor told them. It was a nightmare and worst experience with supposedly a medical professional that I have ever encountered. If I could have walked out of that ER, believe me I would have, because it was clear that Dr. Rhodes did not care about me as a patient. Word of advice, do not seek emergency treatment from the Mobile Infirmary or Dr. Rhodes!!
Dr. Rhodes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women
Nea Medical Center
Smc Regional Medical Center
Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton
NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital
The Surgical Hospital of Jonesboro, Llc
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
31 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Joseph Rhodes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Rhodes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.