Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Rodriguez has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Joseph A Rodriguez has the following 13 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
Dr. Joseph A Rodriguez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
My first 2 visits were ok. My third appointment was the worst experience with a Doctor I ever had. I kept asking questions because he said only what he wanted too, not answering me & becoming angry. Then he walked out of the room not saying a word. I finally went to the desk and asked where he was.With a patient! I have never been treated poorly by a doctor until Dr. Rodriguez.
Although I very carefully watched everything that went into my mouth, my glucose numbers were very high until I started seeing Dr. Rodriguez. After several medication adjustments, my numbers have been great and have stayed that way for years. Plus, no long wait time in the office. Schedules are adhered to but he manages to be completely thorough in his exam.
Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Joseph A Rodriguez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDiane Elizabeth Fresca Md, 1314 Hooper Ave Ste 3, Toms River, NJ
Dr. Joseph A Rodriguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.