Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph S Hunter
Dr. Joseph S Hunter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southaven, MS. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hunter is affiliated with Methodist South Hospital and Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto. Dr. Hunter has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph S Hunter has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Been going to DFMC for over 20 years.Waited over and hour for Dr.Hunter.He never made eye contact.Told me I was rude,talking over him,no Manners,my chart was a mess unorganized,so he was going to replace all medicine I was on.I Tried to explain my medicine allergies and sensitivities.Threw all my medicine away in office.Prescribed all new .The next day I was in the ER blood pressure 237/170 took 3 days in the hospital for them to get it under control.
His office staff and nurses were very friendly but he made it too obvious he was having a bad day. He was not very friendly and I didn't feel welcomed by him. He walked in, said his name, and went straight to the computer without even looking at me. He asked a few questions while looking at the computer screen, told me what he was prescribing me(but not how to use it), and then left. He was in and out very quickly. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Hunter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Joseph S Hunter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesoto Family Medical Center, 75 Physicians Ln, Southaven, MS
Dr. Joseph S Hunter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southaven, MS.