Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph S Kim has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Joseph S Kim has the following 3 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Joseph S Kim has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph S Kim is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Today was my 2nd time at OrthoVirginia! First thing he said to me "I'm congested & don't feel good but not contagious. My fist thought.. Oh geez I'm not gonna get the help I need! I only went bc my mom, aunt & others talked him up soooo good. But that was 6+ years ago too! I should of known better! I made an appointment. Well the 1st open appointment was today. Well 3 weeks ago I came in as a walk in bc I couldn't take this excruciating pain no longer!!! They took X-rays & lady Dr. was like wow I know you're in severe pain. You got a curve in your spine! I said plz help me I can't take much more. She prescribed me a muscle relaxer & hydrocodone to hold me off until my appointment. For the next 3 weeks I felt happy, normal & could exercise & do things I haven't been able to years! Was friggin awwwessssommmme! Ok so today I have my very 1st appointment with Dr.Kim. Was awful!!! He said your not in much pain. You need to lose weight, exercise & doesn't help I'm top heavy! I'm in excruciating pain, I am NOT over weight & NOT top heavy! I said I could exercise & go to physical therapy if I wasn't in excruciating pain. Gave me a Rx for muscle relaxer & sent me on my way! He was in the room with me for only 3-5minutes. I'm gonna get my xray & go else where for the 3rd time! Dr's are a joke now a days!!!! I told him you're wrong I need a mri or something he said no!
Had spinal fusion surgery. Dr Kim was excellent from the first appointment through the surgical follow up.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Joseph S Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthovirginia, 13700 St Francis Blvd Ste 103, Midlothian, VA
Dr. Joseph S Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midlothian, VA.