Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph S Sanfilippo has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joseph S Sanfilippo has the following 7 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Premature Menopause
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Dr. Joseph S Sanfilippo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
He was the first to find out what was wrong with me after several OB/GYN...I had PCOS. However, he keeps ordering painful test after test instead of just putting me on fertility medicine. My husband is now turning 40 & we're about to give up trying to get pregnant.
I was referred to Dr Sanfilippo by my OB/GYN after a routine appt and ultrasound found multiple cysts on my ovaries. My OB/GYN suggested a hysterectomy, but being 36, I wasn't ready for that if it wasn't absolutely necessry. So she sent me to Dr. Sanfilippo. To sum it up, at the first appt, he took a half of an hour with me just asking questions and listening to me. It was a very scary time for me and was made a lot less scary by his concern and being so thororugh. I was so appreciative. He sent me for several tests just to make sure all bases were covered, and at my next appt he said that hysterectomy would not be necessary and we could just remove the cysts through laparoscopy and hopefully save all of my organs. I had my surgery a month ago and everything went beautifully. I am so relieved that I put on the brakes with my OB/GYN and asked for other options or else things would have turned out much differently. I know it is only because I had such a skilled and experienced surgeon that I have my ovaries intact today. I continued to be so impressed with Dr Sanfilippo's bedside manner, his knowledge, and his genuine concern for what *I* wanted.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
45 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Joseph S Sanfilippo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUpmc Magee Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Joseph S Sanfilippo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.