Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph M Scandura
Dr. Joseph M Scandura, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph M Scandura has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph M Scandura has the following 15 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Showing 2 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph M Scandura - Posted on August 5th, 2010
Others Should Take a Lesson
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph M Scandura - Posted on August 17th, 2009
I would highly recommend this doctor to others. Dr. Scandura takes the time to speak to you as a person first and then takes the time to explain things - he uses laymans terms and everyday analogies so that you really understand what he is saying. He is not an alarmist, but will follow up by phone if something appears to be wrong. Not many doctors do this anymore. He has made recommendations of other physicians for some of my friends and family who are dealing with cancer. Every doctor that was recommended by him turned out to be top notch! He is kind and considerate of my time and never makes me feel rushed and has never made me feel like a nuisance if I call with a question. He's a good listener, has great bedside manner, and is extremely professional! High marks for this Doc!
21 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
New York Hospital
Dr. Joseph M Scandura accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWEIL CORNELL MEDICAL COLLEGE, 520 E 70th St, New York, NY
Dr. Joseph M Scandura is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.