Dr. Joseph Schaffer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Schaffer?

Posted on February 16th, 2017

I traveled from San Antonio to see Dr. S after having 2 previous failed surgeries to correct damage done after childbirth. He was absolutely incredible, and was able to repair me with one surgery. Do yourself a favor and go see him!

This man gave me my life back

Posted on February 16th, 2017

If you are living with a fistula, this is your doctor. The end. He is a miracle worker. Very real disposition. No God complex, although he has every right to have one. Can't say enough good.

Top notch skilled surgeon w wonderful bedside manner

Posted on February 16th, 2017

Dr Schaffer was able to surgically repair a quite rare and embarrassing condition. He is caring. Even gave me his cell phone number to contact him after the procedure. I just love him and what he did for me. I know of a few other women with this condition, and he has repaired them as well. To us, he is like a miracle worker. He gave us our lives back, and for that, we will always be grateful. Im stunned at the other reviews. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Posted on October 1st, 2015

One of the best!

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Fantastic. The best! The most caring doctors I have ever been treated by.

Posted on August 10th, 2015

I had been going to doctors for my problems since 2008 and was incorrectly diagnosed until 2014. I saw 4 different surgeons that told me they were not qualified to do the surgeries I needed. Dr. Schaffer and Dr. Olsen at UT Southwestern did back to back surgeries and gave me my life back. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Schaffer for his excellent care of me.

Posted on February 19th, 2015

Never had appt that did not start 25 min to 45 min late. Do not feel my issues are priority. The front desk sweetest disposition. The Dr very kind. The RN flippant crass personality

Misdiagnosed me

Posted on May 7th, 2014

It was not Dr. Schaffer's impeccable knowledge of of pelvic floor disorders - my problem is that he sent his nurse practitioner to address my pelvic pain, and NEVER examined me himself! His NP's diagnosis of a misaligned pelvis was ruled out by an MRI and the opinions of other doctors - I get his NP is a smart woman, but he should never have allowed her diagnosis to follow without his examination, for that I give my rating. I have heard of great stories of him, and am sure he is a wonderful doctor, but in my experience, I am very unimpressed!

Posted on October 28th, 2010

Dr. Schaffer is an excellent surgeon and was highly recommended. I drove an hour each way into downtown Dallas to see him, driving past dozens of other gynecologists. He listened to me and answered all my questions. I had a complicated surgery, lasting almost 6 hours, because I had a number of procedures done at the same time. I recovered beautifully, though. All the trouble of getting to him was worth it.

Posted on March 10th, 2010

The office staff is rude and careless all the time. Dr. Schaffer is a good doctor, but sometimes does not follow through with the correct medical procedures.

Posted on April 4th, 2017