Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Sheppe has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Joseph A Sheppe has the following 11 expertise
- Rectal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Joseph A Sheppe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph A Sheppe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
I was worried on a couple of his reviews from others regarding bed side mannor and treatment. First let me explain I am far from stuffy, i like to joke around and take life with a grain if salt when I can. I asked doc a couple of serious questions, and of course had to end with a smart comment.. He laugh smiled etc., went with it! Treatment explained everything to me., choices etc. and did a procedure on me within 10 minutes of meeting him. My wife was present in room, cut up with him during procedure (on rear) and all went perfect. I think its on the way you present yourself, others who had negative comments, could have boring dull personalities etc. and he did not know what you were like. He see's hundreds of patients and you can not make all happy!!! No worries, he is a great doctor!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Joseph A Sheppe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsColon & Rectal Clinic, 1333 Taylor St Ste 4A, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph A Sheppe in this video.
Dr. Joseph A Sheppe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.