Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph P Shrum MD
Dr. Joseph P Shrum has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Joseph P Shrum has the following 13 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
- Psoriatic Arthritis
Showing 3 of 3
Consistent Excellent Medical Provider
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Shrum - Posted on May 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Shrum - Posted on December 15th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Shrum - Posted on October 24th, 2014
Where they removed a mole for a biopsy the skin stated weeping clear fluid. Similar sores spread on my arms. When I called they were dismissive about it; they finally agreed to see me. They saw that it was serious and treated it, but wouldn't tell me what caused the sores. Then they wanted to charge me for treating what they caused.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Joseph P Shrum Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTULANE DERMATOLOGY AFFILIATES, 1245 42nd Ave, Gulfport, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph P Shrum, MD - Dermatology in Gulfport, MS, in this video.
Dr. Joseph P Shrum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gulfport, MS.