Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Shurman has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Joseph Shurman has the following 2 expertise
Dr. Joseph Shurman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
This doctor is all about the money. He self refers all of his patients to his wife, a psychologist in the early stages of Alzheimer's who is really a money grabber. He also insures he ingratiate himself to all of his colleagues, because need it or not, you will be referred out for every costly consult. He is totally lacking in empathy for the patients's financial or insurance situation. His patients wait for hours, particularly, if they are not seeing his wife frequently and contributing at least a grand a month to the Shurman's household. His exam is cursory if performed at all and includes at best an oxygen saturation calculation that takes all of 15 seconds to perform, regardless of what is catalogued in the notes. He is careful to take back VIP's quickly and leave the rest of the patients in the waiting room with no concern for how much their time out of the office is costing them professionally. I concur with the last reviewer totally arrogant, out of touch and lacking in compassion.
Dr. Shurman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Joseph Shurman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharles V Ettari Md Inc, 9834 Genesee Ave Ste 427, La Jolla, CA
Dr. Joseph Shurman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.