Dr. Joseph Smurda Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Smurda?

not freindly office staff

Posted on September 4th, 2012

call to make appointment,just to get a medication very expensive visit prefer to go another doctor

Great Doctor

Posted on August 4th, 2012

Not really sure what the negative reviewer is saying. Dr. Smurda is attentive, empathetic, understanding, returns phone calls promptly, and has been a great doctor.

Rare empathy with a sense of humor

Posted on May 20th, 2012

After seeing a few psychiatrists I wouldn't recommend over the years before I found Dr. Smurda, I was thrilled to find a competent physician with a great chairside manner, including a sense of humor. He has a lot of experience with difficult to treat conditions, he's very knowledgeable and, unlike my previous psychiatrist, doesn't jump immediately to a new med if I hit a rough patch, preferring to tinker as little as possible with my meds. He takes me seriously but doesn't hesitate to laugh when it's appropriate. Dr. Smurda is a great team player, calling my therapist after each of my appointments and responding to other treatment team members promptly. I can't think of a situation in which I wouldn't recommend him.

Thank G-D for Dr. Smurda

Posted on May 25th, 2011

I was having a difficult time coping in several areas of my life. I had been to two psychiatrists before seeing Dr. Smurda. The previous two rushed the evaluation session, treated me like I was one of many on a conveyor-belt going through their office and I felt no connection or empathy from either one of them. Dr. Smurda took his time doing the evaluation; was extremely empathic to the difficulties & sensitivities of my particular situation and clearly prescribed the correct medication, because I got through this trying time faster than I thought possible. He is truly the BEST!

exceptional md

Posted on May 14th, 2011

He treated me with kindness and respect.He talked with my other doctor to coordinate my care because I have a number of medical problems.

Kind and Sensitive

Posted on May 13th, 2011

He was very sensitive and kind when I told him about difficult subjects. He is very experienced and has treated more than 10,000 patients (one of the residents told me). I saw him at UCLA where he volunteers .

Top Doctor

Posted on April 28th, 2011

He was very easy to speak to, even on sensitive subjects. I know that he volunteers at UCLA and has worked in homeless shelters. He clearly loves his work and went the extra mile to make sure I got better .

Posted on April 13th, 2011

He is rude, insensitive, unexperienced and totally money oriented.

Overall great experience

Posted on April 4th, 2011

I am very happy with Dr. Smurda. He is knowledgeable, doesn't jump to conclusions, doesn't rush to change meds and always prescribes generi ...

Remarkable physician

Posted on November 11th, 2010

Dr. Smujrda's follow up is the best I've ever seen. He's attentive and thorough and listens to what you are saying.

He is the best.

Posted on October 9th, 2010

simply the best at what he does

One of the very best

Posted on June 4th, 2010

He is an exceptional doctor, in every way.