Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joseph Songer
Dr. Joseph Songer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Muncie, IN. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Songer is affiliated with Henry Community Health, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital and IU Health BMH Affiliated Physicians. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Songer has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph Songer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Joseph Songer yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Songer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Community Health
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
IU Health BMH Affiliated Physicians
IU Health Ball Memorial
45 Years Experience
Graduated in 1968
Indiana University Medical Center
Dr. Joseph Songer accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsIU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, 2401 W University Ave, Muncie, IN
Dr. Joseph Songer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muncie, IN.