Dr. Joseph Stubbs III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Stubbs III?

Dr. Stubbs gave me my life back!

Posted on October 23rd, 2017

For 16 yrs, I suffered what a lot of us mothers do after giving birth. Bladder leakage. Not only did I have 4 kids, I had a set of twins. Pregnancy did a toll on my body. At the ripe old age of 45, I was newly married and embarrassed for my husband to know that I had bladder issues. My gynecologist referred me to a urologist who told me that my issue was beyond anything he could help me with, but that he knew somebody who could help me and that he was the best. He sent me to Dr. Stubbs at Urogyn Savannah, Dr. Stubbs did his testing and found other things that needed to be fixed as well as my bladder. After all the testing, he sat me down and set the plan in motion to get me back to what I should be. A happy newlywed wife. I had surgery in December, 2016 and I can now follow my granddaughter all over the yard, I can chase my 15 yr old boys down and aggravate them like they do me. I no longer have to worry about bladder leakage. I can laugh, cough and sneeze and be worry-free! I can never thank him enough for what he's done for me! Thank you, Dr. Stubbs! You truly are the best!

Great physician!

Posted on September 2nd, 2017

I was provided nothing but the best from Dr. Stubbs and from his staff.

Highly recommend

Posted on August 31st, 2017

My entire experience with Dr. Stubbs was great. Everything from the staff to what to expect and follow up care and been exceptional. I highly recommend him.

Now I have my active lifestyle back!

Posted on July 31st, 2017

last year Dr. Stubbs performed 4 robotic surgeries on me because of prolapse and incontenance. Now I feel great, have no leakage. He is a point blank doctor with some great skill. He even callled me back on the 4th of July when I had post opt issues! I would recommend him!

A compassionate expert

Posted on October 24th, 2016

Dr. Stubbs is compassionate and he executes his skills to a degree that surpasses any scale. He is one of the greatest physicians of this era.

Posted on September 19th, 2016

interested and curteous

Posted on August 24th, 2016

wad released from the hospital too soon after a complicated surgery. Ended up in an Er 2 days after surgery. Tried to reach the Dr after hours. Was told that he was not to be contacted under any circumstances. He berated me in front of his office staff after I addressed this with him upon a follow up visit. Do not expect any compassion or follow up care. He may know his stuff, but his bedside manner is terrible. Have had to multiple surgeries after the one he did. My life will never be the are again.

Doctor's Response

I am unaware of who this patient is and would welcome the opportunity to address her concerns directly. I am sorry for her experience. The information she has provided is incorrect. Regarding "tried to reach the Dr after hours. Was told that he was not to be contacted under any circumstances." This is incorrect. I, Dr. Stubbs, personally cover all my after-hour calls 24/7/365. The main office line is automated and allows the caller to leave a voice-mail which is then immediately sent to my cell phone and I, Dr. Stubbs, personally call that person back. Additionally in order for a physician to maintain hospital privileges his/her office must be covered 24/7 by a medical provider which in this case is me. As well, before surgery every patient is provided a 10-page "Preparing for Surgery" booklet which lists the office phone number for patients to call if any problems or questions arise. This information is also available on office website www.urogynsavannah.com. To be clear, after-hours I, Dr. Stubbs, am the one returning these calls to the patients. No exceptions. I much prefer patients to call me rather than going to ER where they may have to wait several hours and be seen by a provider who does not know their history. Moreover, if there is a problem, the ER doctor will end up calling me anyway so it is much preferred I am involved from the beginning. If after to talking to the patient, she still needs to go the ER, I can then call ahead and prepare the ER for her arrival. Regarding this patient being sent home "too soon after a complicated surgery", the majority of surgeries I perform are advanced complicated surgeries and a patient must meet several strict criteria to be eligible for discharge home. Over 99% of my patients meet these criteria and are discharged home within 24 hours of surgery. The typical follow-up after major surgery in my office is at a minimum 1 week, 6 weeks, 12 weeks and one year. I am sorry this patient did not have a good experience and would be happy to see her again if she is in need. It is wonderful that the web has provided an information highway on which people can research their conditions and seek reviews/opinions from others. What is also helpful is to talk with your provider when things like this occur so that your provider can get direct useful feedback, exam you to see what did or did not occur, provide solutions for improvement, take corrective action and hopefully help future patients and providers.

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

My experience with DR Stubbs and his staff was absolutely wonderful. This office is so efficient also very caring. My surgery went wonderful and smooth, also my aftercare was wonderful. I would recommend this office if you want a competent DR and staff.

Posted on November 18th, 2015

I came to Dr. Stubbs for irregular periods. He was the most arrogant doctor I have ever met! After wanting to know more details of why he was ordering 8 tests, I discovered that he had zero bedside manor and absolutely NO filter or sensitivity. Upon discovering that I had lost 100 pounds and was still losing, he proceeded to refer to me as "the obese patient." When I asked him about returning to my birth control pill, he proceeded to refer to me as "the obese patient" and that I would definitely get a blood clot and die if I returned to the birth control pill that I have been on for 21 years. Talk about breaking someone's spirit!! After I left in tears, he proceeded to follow up by sending me in the mail, an OLD internet print twenty pages long from 2006 (ten years old). In this entire 20 page document, there were 3 sentences about an increased risk of blood clots if someone is overweight. Not only did he highlight it, but drew and arrow, circled it, and put a yellow sticky on the page to emphasize his point! I would RUN far away from this uneducated and ignorant doctor. Seeing that he was born, raised, and educated in the south, he should be quite aware that Savannah carries one of the highest obesity rates in the country. He should know better! I would NOT reccomend him to my dog let alone a person.

Doctor's Response

Irregular menses (periods) are typically due to either hormonal or structural issues which is why after establishing normal uterine anatomy birth control pills are an excellent option for correcting menstrual irregularity in some patients. However birth control pills are not without risks nor are all women candidates. The risk of venous thromboembolism is increased among OC users (3–9/10,000 woman-years) compared with nonusers who are not pregnant and not taking hormones. While absolute numbers may not be impressive, a thromboembolic event can be very devastating - resulting in life long suffering and death. Obesity is defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or greater. The risk of venous thrombosis increases with obesity. As such an obese patient on birth control pills is at a significant increased risk of thromboembolic event. Birth control pills came to market in 1960 so much of what we know now we learned many years ago and much of this knowledge has not changed. One such important irrefutable fact is that estrogen (which is one components of combination birth control pills) increases the risk for a thromboembolic event and the more estrogen, the greater the risk. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) provides an excellent discussion on use of OCPs in women with conditions such as obesity (Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Jun;107(6):1453-72. ACOG practice bulletin. No. 73: Use of hormonal contraception in women with coexisting medical conditions.) Additionally some birth control pills that may be appropriate for younger women would not be appropriate for older women; so despite a woman taking birth control for many, many years, her hormonal needs and precautions taken may change as her body changes. Each time a physician sees a patient, be it a new patient or a return patient, it is the duty of that physician to reassess the current diagnosis and treatment to insure the patient is getting the proper care. Sometimes the care pathway stays the same and other times it changes. For a physician to "rubber stamp" someone else's plan without evaluating the patient or treatment course is wrong and moreover it is dangerous. Unfortunately this means that sometimes patient will get upset and confused as to why Dr. "B "does not just do what Dr. "A" has done previously. In 1990, obese adults made up less than 15 percent of the US population. By 2010, obesity rates were 25 percent or higher, and today roughly two out of three U.S. adults are overweight or obese (69 percent) and one out of three is obese (36 percent). People who are obese, compared to those with a normal or healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions, including the following: all-causes of death (mortality), high blood pressure (hypertension), high LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia), type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint), sleep apnea and breathing problems, some cancers (endometrial, breast, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver), low quality of life, mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders, body pain and difficulty with physical functioning. No one likes to hear they need to lose weight or quit smoking. We all know the risks. And I wholly appreciate the struggle most of us, including me, have with our weight, but for a provider to NOT discuss obesity with a patient due to fear of feedback like above is a failure on the part of the provider. I choose not to make that mistake. My goal is to provide each patient with the tools and knowledge to achieve a better quality and quantity of life in such a way that patients take it to heart rather than refute it. Hopefully, I am successful the majority of time.

Best Dr.

Posted on October 29th, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Stubbs to anybody. I read all the reviews and did my homework before I visited Dr. Stubbs. No Dr. Is perfect, but I have to say with the experience I had with Dr. Stubbs he was wonderful and did a GREAT job with my surgery!! If is wasn't for Dr. Stubbs I would still be suffering with all the pain and nausea I was having. His staff is AMAZING and will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Again Thank You DR. Stubbs and staff!!!

Posted on September 29th, 2015

Dr. Stubbs and his staff were both friendly and efficient. I recommend them highly. I don't believe you can find a more professional and competent surgeon than Dr. Stubbs.

Posted on June 24th, 2015

Dr. Stubbs went out of his way with me. He was incredibly caring and efficient. My surgery went very well, and it is due to him. His nurses were always sweet and kind. I would recommend him to anyone.