Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph V Surdacki has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph V Surdacki has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
Dr. Joseph V Surdacki is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I took my father to dr. Surdacki and he was very rude and condescending . My father had stage 4 lung cancer and was very ill and this doctor treated him as if it didn't matter anymore he was going to die anyway. I hope this can change someone's opinion about taking a loved one to this horrible horrible doctor and staff. I wish there was an option to leave 0 Stars
He was very dismissive and not helpful. Any suggestions he made to me were very simple and had been tried by previous doctors to no end, but he seemed to dismiss that fact and not listen when I advised him of this. I have a long and complicated medical history and came to him for an additional opinion. It semmed he did not want to take the time to really dig into my issues or medical history. The overall experience was a waste of my time. Unfortunately, I have gone to and know there are just way better pulmonologists in this area.
My one and only visit with the doctor was not what I had hoped for. His staff was rude, from the receptionist to his assistant. I believe he is an excellent doctor; however, I would not recommend him. He refused to recertify oxygen for me without an office visit, knowing full well my condition would NOT and HAD not changed, and the difficulty I have ambulating.
Dr. Surdacki treated my mother. As a caregiver, I was so impressed and thankful for his patience, his great bedside mannger and his thoroughness. He is very kind and very compassionate. He was instrumental in helping my mother realize it was time for her to accept the help of her family and handled it in a professional and compassionate manner, even reaching out to call me at night after office hours to talk with me about his own experience. This doctor is true to his oath.
30 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Joseph V Surdacki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Associates Of North Dallas, 3032 E Hebron Pkwy Ste 101, Carrollton, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph V Surdacki in this video.
Dr. Joseph V Surdacki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carrollton, TX.