Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Sutton
Dr. Joseph Sutton, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Marion, OH. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Sutton is affiliated with Provena Covenant Medical Center, Ohio Health - Marion General Hospital and Carle Foundation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Sutton has the following 3 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Joseph Sutton has the following 8 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Joseph Sutton has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph Sutton is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
From a background of a professional personnel, I am especially impressed with his simplifying the pathology but going into a scientific explanation of causation of pathology and the reasons for treatment. He talked as long as I had questions to ask and he answered very fully. I am quite comfortable with his care and my prognosis.
I was referred for a second opinion - had been told my artery couldn't be opened - Dr. Sutton was able to open it all through a small artery in my hand. I had less pain and bruising than from a previous procedure when another doctor couldn't do anything. Dr. Sutton spent a lot of time with me and explained everything. I was really pleased to find such a well trained doctor in this area.
Very thorough and direct. Knowlegable and courteous to my family and me. He took ample time to explain my problem to me in a way I could easily understand. I received excellent care. I even received pictures of my heart artery and the final result of the surgery he was able to perform from the small artery in my wrist!
Doctor was condescending to his staff, spoke poorly and flippantly of his peers, and contemptuously questioned my integrity in reporting my own symptoms! In a span of 30 minutes he was able to create an environment entirely hostile to any chance of genuine compasssion and care.
Dr. Sutton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Provena Covenant Medical Center
Ohio Health - Marion General Hospital
Carle Foundation Hospital
South Pointe Hospital
University Hospitals of Cleveland
UHHS Bedford Medical Center
St Vincent Charity Hospital
28 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Joseph Sutton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
Locations & Directions1040 Delaware Ave, Marion, OH
Dr. Joseph Sutton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marion, OH.