Dr. Joseph T Kavanagh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph T Kavanagh?

Glaucoma Specialist

After much research I found Dr. Kavanagh is the only fellowship trained glaucoma specialist in my area. As I have severe glaucoma, I wanted to make sure I saw the most experienced ophthalmologist with extra training. Just finished a detailed eye exam with Eye Associates of South Texas, the technicians were so thorough. They evaluated my glaucoma using the most modern eye exam machinery I have ever seen!! The tests seemed like something out of Star Wars, really space age technology. I was then seen by Dr. Kavanagh who assured me he would help me keep my remaining sight, and made a treatment plan to keep my eye pressure to a minimum level. He showed me all my test results on a huge computer screen in the room and explained the significance of each test. I have never had such a thoughtful and thorough eye exam in my life. Now I just have to remember to put in those eye drops....

Superb Surgeon

I've had problems with my vision for the last thirty years. Started at 40 with difficulty reading up close. My Optometrist of 20 years referred me to Dr. Kavanagh for cataract surgery. Now I'm driving and reading without glasses. He used a Symfony toric lens, he said it would correct my astigmatism and presbyopia, I guess it did the trick because I don;t need glasses to see clearly anymore. Colors are so vibrant. Thanks Dr. Kavanagh and Eye Associates for such skilled work...

Dissatisfied on several points

The person who made my appt was fairly rude, abrupt. When I got to the office I understood why. Too many patients booked and there wasn't even room in the waiting area for everyone to sit. It's the 1st time I can recall a doctor greeting me without even turning around from his computer - I can understand the need to be looking at results of the testing done there, but that "bedside manner" is just rude and I already had a diagnosis from a rheumatologist. I felt rushed and like a number instead of a patient since he didn't spend much time with me. He visits a lot of area offices,, but I think he's spread too thin. He wanted to put in punctal plugs but I declined because I've had them before and they did no good. So, he prescribed Lotemax eye drops. I cancelled my followup because why bother. My Medicare Insurance statement came and there was a $800. charge for "closing off tear duct" which is the punctal plugs. It took me leaving 3 messages over a 2-week period for his assistant to return my call. When I told her that I did not have plugs inserted, she said that Lotemax is prescribed after that procedure - that is not the only instance when Lotemax is perscribed. I asked her to double check my records and with Dr. Kavanaugh that it was done, what brand was used, etc. I haven't heard back, going on 3 weeks now. My husband even said - you would've told me if you had the plugs put in again. The amount submitted for that, "eye exam with new doctor, Exam to check field of vision, Detailed eye exam by doctor (that's vague) and eye scan to detect disease came to $1570. That's a little ridiculous - wish I'd read the reviews before I made the appointment.

Can See Again

Things were getting very blurry. My optometrist sent me to Dr. Kavanagh for cataract surgery. He did my surgery on a Saturday! So I didn't have to miss work. Now I am driving without glasses. Dr. K is Awesome!!

Solved my problem

Couldn't see the scores on the TV, was told I had cataracts by Dr. Hull in New Braunfels, sent to Dr. Kavanagh for surgery.... Ended up back at 20/20 in both eyes, now I can see who's winning!! GO SPUR S

20/15

I now see better than 20/20 after cataract surgery!! Thanks Dr. kavanagh

Seeing Clearly

Just had cataract surgery, and after years of struggling with poor vision, I can now see 20/20. Fantastic surgeon.

20/20

After I got my new glasses, I am 20/20 again!!!

Wonderful Doctor

Helped me see again!!

He Fixed my Glaucoma

Have seen 3 other eye doctors, in the area. All treated my glaucoma with eye drops, Dr. Kavanagh treated me with a selective laser treatment in both eyes. Now I don't need to use medicine and my eye pressure is normal again!!

A Doctor's Doctor

Just had cataract surgery and glaucoma implant by Dr. Kavanagh, painless (it took less than 10minutes). He used something called an "Istent". My vision is better than ever, and my eye pressure is much improved. As a practicing surgeon, I appreciate having my vision back!! Thanks again Dr. Kavanagh

Patiebt

This doctor wY overbooked himself. 2 hours sitting in his waiting room for initial eye examine. Schedule surgery . First they sent a prescription for drops for left eye. Suppose to have surgery for the right eye. Scheduled for caderact surgery arrived at 1:00pm for 2 pm surgery. Then told doctor Kavanah would be 1 hr late. A short time later was told it would be another hour or more before my surgery. . Unacceptable so I left. I will not return.