Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph J Teichgraeber has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph J Teichgraeber has the following 16 expertise
- Lyme Disease
- Cholesterol Management
- Nutritional Support
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Primary Headache Disorders
Dr. Joseph J Teichgraeber has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 63
Wonderful wonderful man. Very thoroughly. Listens very closely to his patients. Very nice staff. Because he likes to listen to his patients and spend time with them he tends to take a little longer with each patient than the amount of time actually scheduled. So he is usually running behind. However if you are late for your appt you will not be seen you will have to reschedule. After 2 no call no show for appt. you will be fired from the practice. That is just the policy. So be courteous and if you make an appt. be there on time and keep it. If you show up quite late for appt you will also be forced to reschedule.
Doctor Teichgraeber is a very good doctor. I am glad I finally found a good doctor. He is very good about explaining things and giving you options on how to treat your ailment. Also, right away I felt comfortable with him. He does not rush you through your appointment, and is easy to talk to. He has given me accurate diagnosis and suggestions to help heal them. The wait for me has never been longer than 10 minutes. His MA is helpful, kind and knows what she is doing!!
I've been going to Dr. Teichgraeber for about 5 years. He is the most personable doctor I've ever encountered. Add to that he's like a walking encyclopedia and you have a great experience. Every time I bring up something he has a wealth of knowledge about it and he shares it. He's thorough and very good at discussing all the alternatives. I never feel rushed in his office. Five stars from me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
44 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Joseph J Teichgraeber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph J Teichgraeber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sparks, NV.