Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph C Terrana has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Terrana is an incredible person and doctor. I saw another endocrinologist before seeing him and didn't feel as if I was getting the right care. she would rush the appointment and just prescribe me meds. when I first saw dr terrana the first thing he did was take an ultrasound of my thyroid, something my previous doctor never did. He then explained everything that was going on with my thyroid and answered all questions I had. His staff is also very great and always on top of things! I would highly recommend Dr. Terrana !!!!!
This Dr is exceptional. I say this for several reasons. He explains what is happening in a concise friendly manner. Answered my questions and concerns by not only speaking to me but showing me my ultrasound. Very likable person as is his Nurse practitioner, medical assistant and office staff. I would very much recommend Dr. Terrana.
I just began as a patient of Doctor Joseph Terrana. My meeting with him was educational and thorough. He was very clear in his instructions, and, he demonstrated the beat technique to use the equipment I now will be using to track my progress.I appreciated the amount of time he spent with me. Best of all, Dr Terrana LISTENED to me. The staff was very considerate and made me feel welcome. That removed any anxiety I had about a "new doctor" whose care I am pleased to appreciate.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2011, 2015, 2010, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Joseph C Terrana accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorth Suffolk Endocrinology Pc, 57 Southern Blvd Ste 1, Nesconset, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph C Terrana in this video.
Dr. Joseph C Terrana is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nesconset, NY.