Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph J Torre has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Nutritional Support
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 10
I'll be honest, I always try for the first appointment in the morning, or immediately after lunch because of wait times, BUT I have not looked elsewhere because he is an experienced and accomplished doctor in his field. Dr. Torrent is personable and easy to talk to. He is also a good listener who helped me gradually change my meds until we found the dosage that worked for me without side effects. As with all body chemistry issues, it takes time and patience. Bring a good book to pass the time waiting and rely on his expertise to fix what ails you!
best doctor I've ever had.
I have been to see him at least 5 times in the last few years. Each time I ve had to wait in the waiting room for 20 mins after my appointment because he was not even in the office yet. He does not listen well, or answer questions. He does not seem to care about the person just what new drug to slap on them so he can go to the next person.I do not rank him very high.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Joseph J Torre accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBuffalo Medical Group Pc, 85 High St, Buffalo, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph J Torre in this video.
Dr. Joseph J Torre is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.