Highly Dissatisfied

Great Dr and staff

I feel very fortunate to have Dr Turk as my doctor. Great surgeon and has high standards. Office is well run, wait time is minimal and office staff is friendly, helpful and organized. A well run office from top to bottom

An Excellent Surgeon - despite the Brusque, No-nonsense, style

I have been seeing Dr. Joseph Turk about my joints pain since 2012, trying out alternatives to surgery. Since nothing else has worked, I returned to him earlier this year (2019) to discuss the matter. Despite his brusque, no-nonsense style of communication, he helped me overcome my fear of surgery and won over my trust and confidence. Six weeks ago he did my knee replacement. I have some joint pain - which is natural for such a major sugery - but I am able to walk around without a cane or pain killers. Dr. Turk is an excellent surgeon who is completely devoted to his surgery - and he will tell you as much. He takes immense pride in his work, and he excels at it. I had no pain during the surgery, and no nausea from the anasthesia later. Two weeks after the surgery when I visited the clinic to have the staples removed, he insisted that I look at the X-rays of my knee with the metal implant. I will have to say that I was impressed by the neatness and precision of what I saw. Dr. Turk has a no-nonsense style which may appear unsympethetic to some. But I have not found him unsympathetic or uncaring. He will tell you that he is a surgeon, and that is what he does. That is his passion. That is exactly what I sought: a surgeon whose expertise I could trust. Dr. Turk is an outstanding surgeon. Ask him questions about the surgery and he will provide you with all the information you want. He is very confident about his ability, and as I have learned from conversations with the hospital medical staff and his past patients - with good reason. And, as for responding to my patient's needs and answering my long list of questions, he has done a good job with that. He has answered every question I have asked to my satisfaction. He has listened to my concerns and doubts. With his confidence in his surgical expertise he helped overcome my fears and doubts. Six weeks past the surgery my recovery is solid and steady. I would highly recommend Dr. Joseph Turk for any joint surgery.

Very poor people skills

I went to see Dr Turk to have go over an mri. There was a mix up.. Dr. Turk immediately made me feel like I was to blame. When I tried to explain myself he was dismissive and aggressive, which he also tried to turn that on me.. putting his hands in prayer position and repeatedly saying I'm not raising my voice . I really dont know what was going on.. but I really felt bullied and left in tears. I was not combative, although I did feel the need to defend myself... it was truly a horrible experience. This man did not even realize he was talking to a 62 yr. Woman who came to him in pain looking for advice. Instead it was like he was scolding the enemy!

Perfect Knee Replacement from Dr Turk

A total knee replacement within tears and very little discomfort. Dr Turk is a highly skilled and my surgery was far easier than I expected and the results better than I thought possible. He was caring and fussy about details and rehabilitation. I'd do it again in a minute if I had to.

Dr. Joseph P Turk is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.