Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph R Turkowski has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Turkowski is undeniably brilliant and gifted at his craft. Don't be deterred by possible initial misconceptions of his less than effusive bedside manor. He is the constant consummate professional and handles his patients with a matter of factness that is truly appreciated. He provides the utmost in superior care and will always do what is right for you or your child. As a parent, don't forget honesty from doctors is often times not received well when your emotions are clouding your judgment. It's easy to displace your feelings of anxiety and concern on "the messenger." He has gained the respect of his colleagues who in my time of need said " If it were my child there is no one else i would trust to oversee his care and operate on. He is truly an artist in the operating room." To hear nothing but the most positive and stellar feedback from his staff that work in such close proximity with him daily is reassurance enough that he truly is as wonderful as I have come to realize and appreciate. Additionally, once you have cracked his otherwise serious exterior you come to find out he has a rather dry and witty sense of humor and is easy to joke around with. He takes a great deal of pride in his work and is constantly striving for and will settle for nothing short of excellence and perfection. I firmly believe that he is on the cutting edge of research and abreast of the latest advancements in burn care. As a result, this enables him to go out on a limb and try new experimental techniques that ultimately result in better final outcomes for patients with minimally invasive techniques. Any other doctor would have ended up grafting my baby's leg; however, Dr.Turkowski at the 11th hour switched gears and went for something out of the box. This decision led to her avoiding a major surgery,a faster recovery, less scaring and an overall better experience in the end. His follow up care and the accommodations he has made for her have not been overlooked or under appreciated. He continues to be actively involved in managing her ongoing recovery with great attention to detail. I have the utmost trust and confidence in Dr.Turkowski and his team. Throughout my daughters long stay at the hospital, the constant attention and level of care was truly unparalleled. Dr. Turkowski is truly an all encompassing force of excellence.
Without a doubt, Dr. Turkowski is by far one of the worst doctors I've ever had to deal with. He not only fails to communicate his diagnosis but his follow-up is truly lacking. He does not come prepared to the follow-up examination and becomes agitated when the patient asks alot of questions concerning their medical condition. And once agitated, he would belittle his staff in full view of the patient. In my opinion, this doctor is genuinely unprofessional and is better suited in radiology where he is kept away from sick patients and hospital staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1996
New York Medical College
Dr. Joseph R Turkowski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestchester Medical Center, 100 Woods Rd, Valhalla, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph R Turkowski in this video.
Dr. Joseph R Turkowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valhalla, NY.