Dr. Joseph Vanden Bosch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Vanden Bosch?

Worst pain doctor! Do not see if you're in pain!

Posted on January 5th, 2016

I have several herniated and bulging disks in my neck as well as pinched nerves and the space in my spinal cord area cut off giving me very severe pain for many years without seeing a pain management doctor. I finally go to see him and he sees several neurosurgeons opinions about my neck as well as MRIs, CTs and X-rays and had the nerve to say to me that "your brain is a powerful tool and if you make yourself believe you're not in pain, your pain will go away. It's mind over matter." I couldn't believe what I was hearing as I was paying to see this incompetent doctor telling me that if I just told myself I wasn't in pain, my pain would magically just go away, as if I didn't want my suffering to go away if I could make it. I was completely insulted, furious, and couldn't believe we have doctors out there like him that are supposed to be helping their patients. And couldn't believe he acted like it was a burden to help people in pain, as if he forgot we're all paying him his six figure salary to not be a pain management doctor. If you're looking for a new pain management doctor do not go to this doctor, trust me you'll have a horrible experience.

Views his patients as nothing more than paychecks.

Posted on February 2nd, 2015

Visit 1: Was there for pain from a partial spinal cord injury. He took no action, didn't see any med changes that would be beneficial, did not want to perform injections, "Me nor any other DR. would go near your neck considering the injury and the hardware put in place," - exactly what he said. Was an overall pleasant visit. Visit 2 & 3: 2 Years later, I was there for medication recommendations, JV changed his mind on injections, talked me into a lower back injection "as something to try and then go from there depending if it works" (It did not work). Visit 3, JV prepped his room for a neck injection before knowing if the previous one worked and saying he would never perform this for my own safety. He insisted on a neck injection without giving a reason for changing his mind towards everything he had previously said. After declining he snapped in anger, literally yelled at me, then quickly ordered his nurses to re-prepp the room for his next patient. I do not understand how this man became the "go-to-guy" for pain injections and holds the credibility as a pain doctor in general. The way he approached treatment towards myself, I'm surprised he doesn't have any malpractice suits. If you don't absolutely need a spine injection, find another pain specialists.

No time

Posted on August 13th, 2014

Dr. VandenBosch was kind at first, but once things stopped working, he stopped caring and his behavior became very short, he would then start to tell me that Firbromyalgia was not a "real condition" and "why was I complaining of pain to begin with". If it wasn't his way, or if you dared to question him he would be rude and just walk out of the room most of the time with me still having about 20 questions. It felt like he didn't really care about his patients.

Posted on October 18th, 2012

A very caring, excellent Doctor.

Posted on November 1st, 2017