Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Joseph Vinetz
Joseph Vinetz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Joseph Vinetz is affiliated with UC San Diego Health System, UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla and Promise Hospital San Diego. He speaks Spanish.
Joseph Vinetz has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Joseph Vinetz has the following 12 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Falciparum Malaria
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Vivax Malaria
Joseph Vinetz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Several years ago Dr. Vinetz saved my son's life. During my son's hospital stay Dr Vinetz took tremendous care to answer all my questions. He is an extremely caring and gifted physician. more recently, my husband was quite ill and Dr. Vinetz worked him into his schedule and cured him of an infection that had been going on for months. My brother is a physician, I worked with many physicians and I say without hesitation, Dr Vinetz is outstanding!!
Vinetz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Health System
UCSD Med Center Hillcrest
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center in La Jolla
26 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Johns Hopkins Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Joseph Vinetz in this video.
Joseph Vinetz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.