Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph R Volpicelli has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Joseph R Volpicelli has the following 15 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Joseph R Volpicelli has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph R Volpicelli is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
This doc changed my meds (heart), which almost led to serious complications(death), didn't realize he was also a cardiologist. He also changed other meds and took away some vital ones I need to live in comfort without asking. His staff, with the exception of Lauren, is a nightmare, which I've heard over and over again from other patients too. One I heard was told to bring them food if he wanted to be seen! Unreal. Wife is a total you know what. Just horrible experiences all around from many. Anything good ou read about this doc is most likely posted by his staff.
Grossly unprepared, was tricked into a meeting w him as I was supposed to see someone else, was supposed to be there for 20 min and ended up being there for way longer than was necessary, took me off vital meds to leave me in withdrawal, his staff, with the exception of one very sweet young girl who is obviously walked all over, is atrocious, especially the elderly blonde woman. Was good at first but rapidly changed for the worse and anyone who attempts to get help from this practice- I wish you much luck as you will need it.
Horrible awful money hungry condescending jerk. Pedophile status. Wife is even worse.. Just terrible and disgusting.. That's only the looks, the patient experience is much worse. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOC!! Warning warning.. Red flags everywhere.. Unless you want to spend your entire monthly paycheck seeing him every week every month. Just awful.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJoseph Robert Volpicelli Md, 600 W Germantown Pike Ste 125, Plymouth Meeting, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph R Volpicelli in this video.
Dr. Joseph R Volpicelli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plymouth Meeting, PA.