Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Cook Jr
Dr. Joseph Cook Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with another office in Charlotte, NC. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Cook is affiliated with Kings Mountain Hospital, Gaston Memorial Hospital and Lake Norman Reg Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Cook Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Cook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kings Mountain Hospital
Gaston Memorial Hospital
Lake Norman Reg Medical Center
Carolinas Medical Center
Anson County Hospital
45 Years Experience
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Joseph Cook Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Cook Jr in this video.
Dr. Joseph Cook Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.