Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph J Walters has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joseph J Walters has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joseph J Walters has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Joseph J Walters is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Walters is among the few doctors who treat you as patient - not an assembly line. Attentive and professional. One measure to rate your doctor is, how much he/she remembers your medical conditions when you visit the clinic. Dr Walters does remember what you had told him about your condition in previous visit. After 7 years of being his patient, I found him very competent and knowledgeable as general practitioner. So far I a very pleased with his treatments. His staff - particularly Ann, are very pleasant to work with.
This Doctor did not show any real interest in my overall health. An example, although I am on high blood pressure medication, in the past two visits he was unable to get my BP, so he simply passed on getting my BP and simply asked what medication I required (refills). I don't expect my Doctors to have a motherly type of concern for my health, but this to me showed how very little interest this Doctor had to my health. I was very disappointed in this Doctor lack of interest , as well as the rude and unfriendly staff up front.
I've been with Dr Walters for 15 yrs. He took over my doctor's practice when he retired. I didn't think that anyone could replace my former doctor, but Dr. Walters not only met my high level of expectations - he exceeded them by leaps and bounds. It has been a pleasure to be his patient for so many years, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a caring and brilliant physician!
Dr. Walters needs to understand patients' needs and patients' right. I think he failed to be an accountable doctor. He was emotional to respond to our begging him to help to treat our daughter's.sickness. He didn't show any sympathy to us when we were desperate, instead he told us that he didn't want to be manipulated. God, we respected doctor and we never want manipulate anybody. We were facing our daughter's life/death issue. He should have referred us another doctor, but he never did, he later to kicked us out of his care. We have carried this painful experience since then.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Joseph J Walters accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoseph J Walters, 12961 Village Dr Ste A, Saratoga, CA
Dr. Joseph J Walters is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saratoga, CA.