Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Wiesel
Dr. Joseph Wiesel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Flushing, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Wiesel is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Wiesel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Wiesel has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Stress Testing
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 11
He is one of the most compassionate and excellent cardiologists I have ever dealt with. My husband went to many cardiologists before he got his first heart attack, 25 years ago. The medication they prescribed never worked. When we met Dr. Wiesel, not only did he give him the right medication, but leaving his office my husband felt that he is not only a doctor but he is a great friend to patients. Sitting in the waiting room, all that you hear is that new and old patients are praising him, that they not only come to be treated but everybody felt that they are coming to a friend. He never rushed anyone out. His advice, what to do in order to keep your heart working, was wonderful. My husband died recently at the age of 91 having pneumonia and was in the ICU. There wasn't one day that Dr. Wiesel wasn't there, not only for my husband, but for the whole family. Many thanks to the most experienced cardiologist around from the whole family and especially from me.
I am sorry the patient in the previous review suffered a stroke but the patient was cared for appropriately and in a timely fashion. I am part of a well respected cardiology group and, of course, we deal with emergency calls on a daily basis. We answer emergency calls immediately. For this stroke patient, the hospital stroke team was called and the team responded within minutes. The team is headed by a neurologist and a cardiologist is not part of the stroke team. I saw the patient, as the cardilogist, on hospital rounds after the stroke team provided the immediate care.
In his quiet way he is very much on top of everything but you would not know it unless you knew him over a period of time. He measures everything carefully and is conservative on his treatments.He is great on follow up and will return your calls. He quietly hears every word you say and processes it although you may not realize it. He respects your opinions. He is good at what he does. His staff is efficient and very courteous.They are generally one step ahead of you and get things done for you and the Doctor. They are great at following up on your needs including paper work, prescriptions, contacting the pharmacy, getting you medical test reports and letting the Doctor know what you called about.The office is very well run and efficient.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wiesel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Joseph Wiesel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Associates Of Ny, 14242 Booth Memorial Ave, Flushing, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Wiesel in this video.
Dr. Joseph Wiesel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.