Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph L Winchell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joseph L Winchell has the following 12 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Heart Failure
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Diseases
- Adolescent Medicine
Dr. Joseph L Winchell has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph L Winchell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I came to Ohio in 2006 after retiring from my job,and living my life in Conn.! I had a family doctor there for over 25 years,and he was great. I never expected to find a doctor who was better,but Dr.Winchell is just that. I had a number of problems,including a 2002 open heart surgery. Dr.Winchell had my case well in hand. He takes the time..."every time" to LISTEN to me and my concerns. Try finding that ANYWHERE. At 62 now,it is a pleasure to see him every 3 months,and he always greets me as a firend,not just a patient! Just a REAL PRO!! Thanks...Doctor.
My entire family sees Dr. Winchell, and he is always very caring and considerate. I appreciate the time he spends with me during a visit, and considering the amount of patients that any doctor has and sees on a regular basis, I feel that Dr. Winchell does more than an excellent job remembering me and remembering the details. He knows a lot about medicine...what's current, what he's experienced personally, articles/books he's read, and if he doesn't know about a particular treatment, he is not afraid to say that he is not familiar with it. He is great with my kids too. :)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Winchell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Joseph L Winchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMount Carmel Medical Group Pickerington, 641 Hill Rd N Ste A, Pickerington, OH
Dr. Joseph L Winchell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pickerington, OH.