Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph J Zerega has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr.Zerega calls your home on Sunday mornings with an automated message reminding you of your visit which might not be for two more days. On Monday, an office staff person calls you to remind you again. I asked the staff not to call me with an automated call on a Sunday at 9:00 A.M. But they called me again on a Sunday at that time before my next appointment which was for that Tuesday. The doctor is more considered about filling his schedule than being considerate of his patients. Also waited almost one hour after appointment time to be seen.
36 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Joseph J Zerega accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVero Gastroenterology, 3745 11th Cir Ste 101, Vero Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph J Zerega in this video.
Dr. Joseph J Zerega is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vero Beach, FL.