Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Josette Covington
Dr. Josette Covington, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Preventive Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Covington is affiliated with Christiana Care Health System - Wilmington Hospital, Christiana Hospital and Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia. She speaks English.
Dr. Josette Covington has the following 2 specialties
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Covington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christiana Care Health System - Wilmington Hospital
Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
17 Years Experience
University of Pennsylvania
Graduated in 1996
Temple University Health System
Dr. Josette Covington accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristiana Care Health System - Wilmington Hospital, 501 W 14th St, Wilmington, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Josette Covington in this video.
Dr. Josette Covington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.