More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joshua Frank
Dr. Joshua Frank, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norwalk, CT, with another office in Norwalk, CT. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Internal Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Frank is affiliated with Norwalk Hospital, South Nassau Communities Hospital and Griffin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joshua Frank has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Frank is hands down the best Ortho in Connecticut! I am 33 and had to have my left and right shoulders repaired. I had my labrum and rotator cuff repaired on both shoulders. He did such a great job with the first operation that once I moved from the East Coast I flew all the way from the West Coast just to see him. He is very friendly, courteous, and to the point. He is very thorough in explaining your diagnosis, and he listens! Which is very rare in my experience with doctors. Although he is a surgeon... he is not surgery happy which is great. He believes that the physical therapy you receive is just as important as the surgery, and that surgery should be a last resort. I have recovered wonderfully thanks to Dr. Frank and his expertise.
Dr. Frank is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Nassau Communities Hospital
Bellevue Hospital Center
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons : 1997 Resident Member
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Physicians for Social Responsibility
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
Nyu Hospitals Center
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Norwalk Hospital Association
12 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Joshua Frank accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joshua Frank in this video.
Dr. Joshua Frank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.