Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joshua W Dawalt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joshua W Dawalt has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Joshua W Dawalt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
I have been seeing Dr. Dawalt since he took over the practice. I had become very close with the physician before him. So she asked me to give him a shot before she left. I did, and I am amazed. He brought a breath of fresh air to my diagnosis. He has been able to control my diabetes, something I have struggled with for years! He leads by example, he asked me to lose weight, but he did it as well. Dr. Dawalt has embraced my many health issues and is never in a hurry to leave the room. I have thought about changing doctors due to the distance I drive to see him after moving 4 yrs ago. Once I put things on a balance, the benefits of seeing him outweighs the cost of travel. Dr. Dawalt's office has gone through some trAnsitions and with that comes issues, but none that would sway me to change frm his practice. I am very happy with the care I recieve from HIM. If you have complex issues, un controlled Diabetes, he is your man.
Dr. Dawalt is a FAMILY Doctor who reminds us of the good old days when Doctors were in the PEOPLE business. My wife, our adult daughter, several of my in laws and I are very please with his caring attitude and sharp diagnostic skills. His staff is in sync and seem to know all his patients. So glad we found Dr. Dawalt.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Joshua W Dawalt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnderson Family Health Special, 1601 Medical Arts Blvd Ste 100, Anderson, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joshua W Dawalt, DO - Family Medicine in Anderson, IN, in this video.
Dr. Joshua W Dawalt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anderson, IN.