The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joshua L Fox
Dr. Joshua L Fox, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fresh Meadows, NY, with other offices in Commack, NY and West Islip, NY (and 2 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Fox is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian-Queens, Southside Hospital and Stonybrook University Hospital. Dr. Fox has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joshua L Fox has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Hair Removal
- Dermal Fillers
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Laser Surgery
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 72
I visited Dr. Fox at his office, Advanced Dermatolog and had a very positive experience. I came in and was seen right away. The staff was warm, courteous, and friendly. I had a mole removed from my neck and a another from my face. I was very concerned and worried about the mole on my face being removed but to my delight it healed beautifully. I recommend Dr. Fox for his great work.
I called on Wednesday for a follow-up visit to deal with sun/skin issues and was told there was an appointment available at 1 p.m. on Thursday. I arrived at 12:45, signed in, and was called out of the waiting room, long distance (since the assistant was busy gossiping with someone else), then was put in a treatment room at 1:31. She said she would alert him and he would be there soon. She was unprofessional and unpleasant. I waited until 1:56 and left, telling her on the way out that I was leaving. This particular staff member was offensive and insensitive to patients' (mine at least) time constraints. This doctor has a lot of different locations and runs a dermatology mill. He may be a decent doctor but he is spread too thin and is too quick with patients when he finally gets around to seeing them.
Highly unproffessional. Diagnosis wasn't very good either. Repeated visits for nothing,
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Fox is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1982
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Joshua L Fox accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joshua L Fox in this video.
Dr. Joshua L Fox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresh Meadows, NY.