Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joshua H Lau has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
The front desk staff is horrible. I have been calling for 2 weeks leaving several messages including leaving urgent messages with the answering service and no call back. My kids are behind on their vaccines for school and my son has severe allergies that require an epi-pen which is expired so he needs to be seen. Do they care? No! No call back at.all. Seriously, this is horrible patient care and will be looking in to my options of going somewhere else as soon as insurance gives the okay. I did see 1 of their other doctors last year and he was pretty rude. Plus the staff kept losing the paper they needed to fill out regarding the epi-pen as required by the school and it took them 3 months till I finally showed up in person for it.
I really like Dr. Lau, but I am not a fan of the location of his practice. He is located in a walk-in clinic, which is a good thing, but he often takes walk-ins before his scheduled appointments, making people with appointments wait a long time when they have an appointment. It is difficult to wait when you have a squirmy one year old. Also, there is no separate area for children to wait-- if waiting will be part of the experience, then at least have a waiting room with games and toys for children to play with to keep them occupied.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
17 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Joshua H Lau accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeacon Christian Community Health Center, 2079 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Joshua H Lau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.