Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joshua Z Rosenthal has the following 2 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I went to Dr. Rosenthal at the urging of my counselor because I was having sleep issues related to several traumatic events and she wasn't qualified to prescribe medications. I do not like taking medications but I was desperate to get some sleep so I went to Dr. Rosenthal hoping to get prescribed some meds for temporary use. The doctor ran through what seemed like a thousand questions and gave me little time to formulate a response. He seemed impatient and didn't appear to listen to the answers; he just moved to the next question. I felt like this was some sort of prefabricated test and for him it was more important to get through all the questions rather than really hear my responses. He also seemed more interested in my experiences overseas and the drugs policy of the country I travel to quite often more than my issues. I was disappointed with his recommendation and he didn't prescribe me anything. He recommended I purchase something over the counter - which was something I'd already tried in the past. I didn't need to pay $275 for that useless advice. A complete waste of time and money, and I felt that he had very little understanding of my situation and much less compassion. I should have seen my GP for the meds and saved the $275.
Dr. Joshua Z Rosenthal accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAimee E Mccullough Phd, 9881 Broken Land Pkwy Ste 105, Columbia, MD
Dr. Joshua Z Rosenthal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.