Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joshua M Usen
Dr. Joshua M Usen, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Usen is affiliated with Eastern Niagara Hospital - Lockport campus and Mercy Hospital Of Buffalo. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Joshua M Usen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Joshua M Usen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 13
He hates his patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua M Usen - Posted on August 3rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua M Usen - Posted on November 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua M Usen - Posted on October 8th, 2016
I feel that this office is overrated. On several occasions I left messages of a serious nature with receptionist and Nurse Helene did not return my call for several days...by that time I had gone to an Urgent Care Facility. Nurse Helene is a bit rough around the edges in the way she relates to patients!! As is the front desk receptionist. I think her name is Chyanne or something like that.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua M Usen - Posted on December 7th, 2015
Hands down the best practice in WNY. Dr Usen is excellent at what he does. The PA'S and Nurses are very knowledgeable as well as the medical assistants. His front receptionists are always very welcoming and go above and beyond to help. All around a great practice. You can certainly tell everyone likes what they do.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua M Usen - Posted on February 13th, 2015
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2016, 2009, 2017, 2010, 2014, 2012, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Usen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Joshua M Usen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Joshua M Usen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.