Dr. Joshua Young Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Joshua Young?

Unprofessional, arrogant, rude, untrustworthy staff

Posted on April 2nd, 2014

I was referred by 2 of my doctors. When i called to see if an appointment was possible, I explained that my only insurance was medicare, I've been unemployed for 8 years & have no money; therefor I can only see doctors who will accept medicare as full payment, as all my doctors do including the 2 doctors who referred me. I asked if Dr. Young would see me on that basis. I was put on hold for several minutes & when she returned to the phone she said i could have the appointment. When I arrived at the doctor's office (1/2 an hour early) i waited while the receptionist finished talking to another patient. When that patient left, the receptionist (who was facing me) began working on her computer. After a few minutes she stopped, had some coffee, answered a phone call, continued on the computer, & made another phone call. She was facing me the entire time, yet never once acknowledged my presence. Finally. a man (sitting in an alcove with a lot of eyeglass frames) got up from his desk & asked if he could help me. THEN the receptionist gave me a 6 page form to fill out (but never dire ted me to a seat). While i was filling it out she asked me how I wanted to be billed for the copay. I explained, again, that my appointment had been made with the understanding that Dr. Young would accept my medicare as full payment, as do ALL my doctors, including the 2 who had referred me.She said that's impossible & called another woman who came from another room & they both said it was impossible; that I was a cataract patient & the surgery is very expensive so the doctor would not see me. They kept me waiting another 5 minutes while everyone went behind a closed door, then came out & repeated what had already been said. This whole fiasco cost me cost me both time and money, not to mention extreme frustration & aggravation. Nobody even bothered to apologize, let alone attempt an explanation, In my 75 years, i have, unfortunately had several rotten experiences with doctors but this is the 1st time i've been so rudely & abusively mistreated by a doctor's secretarial staff.

Perfectionist

Posted on July 11th, 2012

My visit with Dr. Young was fantastic. Short wait, great care. He gave me sample contacts lenses that same day I was there and made sure that they fit well. He even rechecked the prescription with the lenses on. I highly recommend him. He even has his own optical shop ni the same office.

BAD bed time manner and RUDE

Posted on June 29th, 2011

I waited almost 1hour for the doctor to come in again. I went to him for few times because his office is close to my office.He was rushing and didn't pay attention to my condition and questions.He was ready to go to the next patient.I felt like I was sitting in an assembly line. Horrible experience.

Posted on October 22nd, 2010

A great doctor and only one of a handful that offer Saturday hours. I'm confident that I'm receiving top-quality care.

Couldn't cure and bit rude

Posted on October 4th, 2010

After almost 10 visits he couldn't cure my eye problem and didn't spend enough time to listen or think about issue. just try this and try that.

Posted on October 5th, 2017