- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joshua Harris MD
After receiving his Bachelor of Science at Pace University with honors, Dr. Joshua Harris obtained his Doctorate of Medicine from Ross University. Upon the completion of his M.D.., Dr. Harris completed his Categorical Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at NYU Winthrop hospital. During which time he received honors as the most outstanding resident. He was also elected and inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha national Honor society for excellence in scholarship, high professionalism, leadership, and gifted teaching. To conclude his post-graduate training, Dr. Joshua Harris completed his Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at NYU Winthrop Hospital. In his final year of training, Dr. Harris was named Chief Fellow for the department of Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Joshua Harris has special interest in cases focused on GI malignancies, lung and breast cancer.
5 Cuba Hill Rd
Greenlawn, NY 11740
Book Online Now
Dr. Joshua Harris has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Joshua Harris has the following 7 expertise
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Joshua Harris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Joshua Harris Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Joshua Harris's office for more information.
200 Old Country Rd Ste 370 Mineola, NY : (516) 663-9500
222 Station Plz N Ste 503 Mineola, NY 11501
Locations & DirectionsNew York Cancer & Blood Specialists at Mount Sinai Hospital, 5 Cuba Hill Rd, Greenlawn, NY
Dr. Joshua Harris is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mineola, NY.