Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon MD
Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with another office in Dearborn, MI. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine. Dr. Witherspoon is affiliated with Munson Healthcare Cadillac Hospital and St John Hospital & Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon has 2 locations
19401 Hubbard Dr
Dearborn, MI 48126
Book Online Now
Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon has the following 10 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Women's Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 4 of 4
Very Professional and Caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon - Posted on March 16th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon - Posted on August 7th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon - Posted on June 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon - Posted on March 11th, 2014
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Witherspoon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joslyn N Witherspoon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Detroit, MI.