Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph M Rothwell has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Rothwell and his staff have taken care of me for two years for my breast cancer. I could not have had a better experience. Aside from his surgical skill and knowledge which is very evident, what sets him and his staff apart are how much they care about their patients. While he does run behind often, as a very busy surgeon, when he's in the room with me it's as if I'm the only thing that matters and he gives me his full attention. He answers all of my questions and makes sure Im finished before going on. His office staff is always positive and compassionate. This man is a God send to our community!
Having been with my husband through a recent emergency operationunder this surgeon, I will not say he is a bad doctor. Actually, his skills make him highly recommended. The pluses...he is smart, easy to see that and articulate. His office does great on followups. That's where it ends. Negative-post surgery, it is easier to hunt down bigfoot. Pain control is something he seems allergic to. If you have an appt., plan to wait. First appt, close to 1/2 hour wait in office. Get a realistic maybe 2 minutes with him. If you, as a loved one (and female) ask him questions or give an opinion, expect to be talked over, ignored or told to be quiet. Second appt, still sitting in office an hour past appt time. See no one going in or out. Go to front desk. They say he is at hospital on a call. Having gotten up early to keep our appt, it would be nice if staff could inform those waiting and give people the option of waiting or not. Nope, Dr God's office staff cannot give the courtesy. We reschedule him 3 days later, get up early, he walks in office at his whim, now 1/2 hour past appt time. As always, put in a room, wait and he gets there with 1 foot out the door and a hand on the knob the whole time. You are afforded maybe 3 minutes at most of his time. Typical, their time precious, yours not so much. You can totally tell he wants you to speak fast, don't slow him down with complications and let him move along. Patients should feel comfortbale and so should the people caring for the patient at home. Bedside manner needs much work. No one should be so obviously hurried and intimidated. He should treat our time like his own.
33 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph M Rothwell accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph M Rothwell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sevierville, TN.