Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms and how the disease progresses over time.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joung H Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
Dr. Joung H Lee has the following 14 expertise
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
Dr. Joung H Lee is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 61
Dr Lee removed my benign brain tumor. He is very experienced and operates accordingly. He is very straightforward and sticks to medical facts and doesnt fill your head with empty expectations. Its doesnt seem friendly at first but its for your own good.
I would not recommend this doctor. He performed acoustic neuroma surgery on me - of which this type of tumor RARELY comes back - and my tumor came back. It is a 'Residual Tumor'. In my own opinion, he didn't get it all. Also, he never even visited me in the hospital as I was recovering as an inpatient (for 4 days) following surgery. In fact, I didn't even see him at any time other than my appointment!
Dr. Lee literally saved my life, I was diagnosed with a meningioma and because of insurance approval, my surgery was delayed. By the time of my operation, I had a headache for over two years, could not drive, had difficulty with physical movement, eating and swallowing were challenging, my vision and smell were impaired and I was incontinent. Dr. Lee performed the surgery and as a result- within 8 weeks, my life was improved dramatically.
Dr. Lee removed a golf ball sized mengioma from behind my right eye in 2004. He was to me the best surgeon in the world. With a 13 inch inch scar (under my hairline) I was able to return home the NEXT DAY! I was also able to return to work much quicker than the insurance companies thought possible. This I attribute to Dr. Lee. I have had zero problems since. He told me to come back for a check up in 10 years, it has now been those 10 years and that is how I found this site looking to see if he was still at the Cleveland Clinic. Thanks to the AHC (I am being facious) I have had to change insurance plans over the last few years constantly losing good doctors, the new plan for 2015 included the Cleveland Clinic so I (no faciousness) will be lucky to see Dr. Lee agin. If he wan't in network I would have gladly paid out of pocket to see him for my re-visit.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Joung H Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Saint Joseph Medical Center, 501 S Buena Vista St, Burbank, CA
Dr. Joung H Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.