The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jovenia Celo
Dr. Jovenia Celo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Plainfield, NJ, with another office in Edison, NJ. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology, Pathology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Celo is affiliated with John F Kennedy Medical Center, Somerset Medical Center and Saint Peter's University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jovenia Celo has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Oncology
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Celo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John F Kennedy Medical Center
Somerset Medical Center
Saint Peter's University Hospital
Muhlenberg Reg Med Ctr, Plainfield, Nj
St Peter`s Medical Center
Somerset Community Hospital
Jfk Medical Center - Muhlenberg Campus
Somerset Hospital Center for Health
35 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1978
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Jovenia Celo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jovenia Celo in this video.
Dr. Jovenia Celo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Plainfield, NJ.