Dr. Joy Gelbman Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Joy Gelbman?

Posted on August 28th, 2016

Attitude to patients, possibly competence, lack of diligence, posturing for billing.

How awesome Joy Gelbman is!!!!!

Posted on January 18th, 2016

Joy is awesome at making me feel comfortable when I am nervous. Joy is an excellent doctor and always treats me with respect. She is funny and can always make me laugh. Joy is very smart and always knows whats wrong.(If there is something wrong.)Joy is a very good doctor and I highly reccomend her to cover your medical needs.:) :D ;o!!!!!!!

Agree with overall picture

Posted on August 7th, 2015

I'm sure Dr. Gelbman is somewhat competent - she did, after all, land a position with Weill Cornell. That said, our own experiences with her have been most unfortunate. I believe she may have that ego issue that, while understandable in a cardiologist in general, sometimes puts the patient in a detrimental position. This doctor seems to not be able to say "I can't figure it out, let me ask someone with more experience". We had two separate encounters with her, and both left much to be desired. I also feel her bedside manner is lacking. I would very much recommend getting a second opinion on any and all of her suggestions. She also seems to not be very much into actually reviewing a patient's history. While I understand it must be quite boring, but assume it's part of the job. I didn't leave a negative after our first range of encounters, but after the second I'm convinced it's a pattern. I will llok elsewhere and suggedt you do the same. It almost seems her practice is a hobby. Like needlepoint.

So many cardiologists in NYC, do yourself a favor and see someone else...

Posted on March 4th, 2015

Missed a critical diagnosis during several visits (putting my life at stake) where I clearly explained the symptoms. One diagnosed she cared more about getting an office visit than getting me to a suitable specialist.

Fine for textbook cases

Posted on February 8th, 2011

Dr. Gelbman was accurate in cardiac diagnosis and spent time explaining and answering questions, but had no interest in investigating the overall picture associated with the problem to get to the root cause of an admittedly unexpected cardiac issue. Her proposed follow up care was "textbook" and rather rigid for a case that was anything but. Consultation with another cardiologist uncovered an unusual, but not rare, condition known to cause as one of its symptoms continuing and progressively more severe cardiac problems if not addressed. She's fine for those with typical heart disease and no other underlying conditions. The staff was courteous and helpful.

Posted on October 14th, 2009

explains everything, caring, seems knowledgable

Posted on September 24th, 2017