Dr. Joy Maxey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joy Maxey?

Wonderful care and attentiveness

Posted on March 18th, 2017

We are thoroughly and beyond pleased with Dr. Maxey. We chose her as our daughter's pediatrician prior to my delivery, and we have never regretted that decision. She properly diagnosed my daughter's health issues and has extended her cell phone number to us if we had any additional concerns. We are very thankful to have her as my daughter's primary care physician.

Posted on September 10th, 2015

Very rude to me and my daughter never follows up after the appt. she scheduled her appt. during lunch break and we had to wait 35 minutes to get in she wasnt friendly and did not adress me or my concerns

Dr.Maxey is an excellent doctor.

Posted on February 14th, 2015

I saw Dr.Maxey for the first time when my 3 year old son was sick. She gives a lot of time and attention and shares all her knowledge with the patients.She is so attentive andunderstands every aspect of a parent's question and gives the right solution.She even follows up with the call and just talking to her made me feel better.I would recommend her to anyone who need to give the best to their kids.

Posted on January 6th, 2015

After examining my distended abdomen, Maxey rashly concluded that I had endometriosis. Ridiculous and unprofessional!

thorough, competent, intelligent and caring

Posted on March 31st, 2014

Dr. Maxey recently diagnosed my son with an autoimmune disease. I have never had a doctor who was so attentive, concerned, and expert in how she worked with my son's case. Dr. Maxey is a brilliant, talented doctor, the kind you dream of having especially when you have a sick child. I cannot recommend her more highly.

The Best!!

Posted on June 27th, 2013

Dr. Maxey is truly one of the most outstanding Doctors I have ever known. She is dedicated beyond measure and the care and time she gives to her patients (and their parents) is amazing. I do not know how she does it! My 17 year old son and 13 year old daughter absolutely adore and respect her. Dr. Joy will talk to them about any and every thing and really listen to them. The phenomenal thing is they will listen to her too. I was new to Atlanta and she was recommended to me. Boy was it my lucky day to find her. She also has 2 other outstanding Physicians in her practice, Dr. Chugani and Dr. Tackett. If you are a parent looking for a dedicated, caring, committed Doctor and practice for your children run -don't walk to this office. They are the BEST!

Terrible experience

Posted on April 3rd, 2013

She's a top pediatrician in her field.

Posted on August 5th, 2009

Dr. Joy Maxey is a fantastic pediatrician and person. I would rank her in the top one percent in her field. She not only treats the whole person as opposed to just his or her symptoms, but she also takes the time to get to know children and parents. Dr. Maxey has been treating my daughter for ADHD and reflux for a number of years now. Initially we did not realize that my daughter had reflux, nor that a number of random symptoms were connected to reflux, but Dr. Maxey took the time to figure out what was happening with our daughter's health and made a diagnosis after carefully weighing all of my daughter's symptoms. Now that we have gained control of my daughter's reflux-related symptoms, Dr. Maxey is working to uncover why she has reflux in the first place. Dr. Maxey also helped us to diagnose and treat my daughter's ADHD and visual dyslexia. After diagnosis, Dr. Maxey spent two hours with my husband and me one evening after hours outlining a comprehensive plan for treating my daughter's ADHD and learning challenges. We are forever grateful for her knowledge and for the time that she has spent with us and our daughter, getting to know our challenges, and helping us to find solutions. We feel so lucky to have found such a great doctor.

Posted on September 22nd, 2016