More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joy D Steinfeld has the following 3 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Premature Infants
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Congenital Anomalies
- Pregnancy Complications
- Down Syndrome
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
AS WITH THE OTHER PERSON WHO PUT A REVIEW ON HERE, MY SON WAS ALSO BORN WITH A SEVERE BIRTH DEFECT THAT SHE DID NOT DETECT AND I WAS SEEING HER TWICE A MONTH FOR 3 MONTHS THEN ONCE A WEEK FOR 6 WEEKS HAVING SONOGRAMS EVERY TIME. MY SON HAS HAD 11 SURGERIES THUS FAR TO CORRECT HIS BIRTH DEFECT...A LITTLE HEADS UP WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE! EVERY DOCTOR IN THE PRACTICE CALLED ME TO CHECK ON HOW MY SON WAS DOING AND OFFERED TO HELP IN ANY WAY, I NEVER ONCE HEARD FROM DR. STEINFELD AND ONE OF THE PARTNERS CONFIRMED SHE WAS TOLD WHAT HAPPENED. I STILL USE MY OBGYN BUT I GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR SONOGRAMS, I REFUSE TO EVER SPEAK TO THAT WOMAN AGAIN. YOU CAN'T GIVE ZERO STARS OR I WOULD HAVE.
She has no clue what she is doing, my son was born with a severe birth defect that she didn't see even though I was going for sonograms twice a month for 5 months. She has no bedside manner and needs more education. My son is 23 months old and is on his 5th surgery to correct the birth defect she should have detected.
32 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Joy D Steinfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreat Neck Womens Medical Care, 1999 Marcus Ave Ste 108, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joy D Steinfeld in this video.
Dr. Joy D Steinfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.