Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joyce Adams
Dr. Joyce Adams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Adams is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, Promise Hospital San Diego and Rady Children's Hospital San Diego. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Joyce Adams has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Joyce Adams has the following 10 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Eating Disorders
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Joyce Adams is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Adams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Promise Hospital San Diego
Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UC San Diego Health System
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
40 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Kansas Hospital
Dr. Joyce Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsUC DAVIS MEDICAL GROUP PEDIATRICS, 2521 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joyce Adams, MD - Pediatrics in Sacramento, CA, in this video.
Dr. Joyce Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.