Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joyce M Kocher MD
Dr. Joyce M Kocher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Skokie, IL, with another office in Skokie, IL. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Joyce M Kocher has 2 locations
4905 Old Orchard Shopping Ctr
Skokie, IL 60077
Dr. Joyce M Kocher has the following 4 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Addiction Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Joyce M Kocher has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Joyce M Kocher is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joyce M Kocher - Posted on March 23rd, 2019
She is smart and witty. We are pleased
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joyce M Kocher - Posted on October 4th, 2018
Very Child and Family focused
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joyce M Kocher - Posted on July 23rd, 2014
Very Child and Family focused
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joyce M Kocher - Posted on July 3rd, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joyce M Kocher - Posted on March 5th, 2014
24 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Joyce M Kocher Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Joyce M Kocher's office for more information.
4905 Old Orchard Ctr Ste 521 Skokie, IL : (847) 568-1044
4905 Old Orchard Shopping Ctr Skokie, IL 60077
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joyce M Kocher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Skokie, IL.