Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joyce W Wald
Dr. Joyce W Wald, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wald is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Hahnemann University Hospital and Jeanes Hospital. Dr. Wald has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Joyce W Wald has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joyce W Wald has the following 16 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Heart Transplantation
- High Cholesterol
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
Dr. Joyce W Wald has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
When I foundDr. Wald in 2013, I was in serious heart failure. I had just been through my spouse's cancer death and a daughter in a coma. I had been hospitalized at a local hospital but knew it was a bad fit. Went on HUP's website and found my doctor! She is so very caring, personable, friendly AND SO CARING. She told me things that scared me but I put my health in her hands as well as my life. She has brought me back to great health--all because of her medical knowledge and treatment. She's the best! Her whole staff is the same way. Thank you Dr. Wald!
I followed Dr. Wald from Temple Hospital because of her professional candor. She puts you at ease no matter how stressful the situation is. she is very knowledgeable and honest no matter what her findings are which I appreciate. Her bedside manner and consultation is commendable to say the least. I wish all if not most doctors follow her care for patent style.
If you have any kind of heart problem see Dr. Wald and the rest of the team at the U. of Pennsylvania. They are one of (if not) the best group of cardiologists in the world. And, I mean world. Not in the superlative. Genuinely, the world. Just do a bit of research and you'll see nothing but glowing reviews and effusive praise from patients and medical associations alike.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joyce W Wald in this video.
Dr. Joyce W Wald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.