Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Juan Cornejo
Dr. Juan Cornejo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Little River, SC. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Cornejo is affiliated with Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, Loris and Community Mem Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Juan Cornejo has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Family Planning
- Hot Flashes
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I go to Little River Medical Center for my diabetes treatment; when I told my doctor about my menstruation problems she suggested I see Dr. Cornejo. When I went to go see him I had explained I would one day like to have a family of my own but I feared that would not happen because I've never menstruated normally. He tested me and found I had PCOS. He suggested I start on birth control. I told him I did not want to take BC because I had previously been on BC and I couldn't handle the emotional roller coaster side effects. He simply dismissed me and said it wasn't the pills, but rather ME! He suggested I was trying to cover up for something and I was simply putting the blame on the BC! I will also admit I am on the heavier side of the scale, so he like all other doctors suggested I lose weight, which I think is completely reasonable, however one of his tips to "help" was to "go to sleep hungry." Granted reading the statement doesn't sound so harsh but my feelings were crushed! He came off very callus, and uncaring. Now I have to go and find another OB-GYN that works on a sliding scale. Thanks for nothing Cornejo!
Dr. Cornejo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Community Mem Health Center
Loris Healthcare System
Community Memorial Healthcenter
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center
McLeod Medical Center - Dillon
44 Years Experience
University of Florida
Graduated in 1969
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Juan Cornejo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLittle River Medical Center, 4303 Live Oak Dr, Little River, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Juan Cornejo in this video.
Dr. Juan Cornejo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little River, SC.