Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Juan Asanza MD
Dr. Juan Asanza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Asanza is affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Juan Asanza has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
Dr. Juan Asanza is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Asanza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital
Mass General Hospital
11 Years Experience
University of Cincinnati
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Juan Asanza Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Juan Asanza's office for more information.
125 Nashua St Boston, MA : (617) 573-2770
Locations & Directions125 Nashua St, Boston, MA
Dr. Juan Asanza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.